Divorce Petition – Acknowledgment of Service – Decree Nisi – Decree Absolute
There are 5 different facts upon which you can rely to secure a divorce in England and Wales. These are:
- Unreasonable behaviour,
- 2 years of separation by consent,
- 5 years of separation, and
You will also need to meet the criteria that the courts set down to determine whether you are entitled to proceed in the jurisdiction of England and Wales.
How we can help
We can advise you:
- How to proceed with the divorce, if you decide that is a course that you wish to take;
- Whether you are entitled to divorce in England and Wales;
- On how to explore with our international partners whether divorcing in a different country would provide a better outcome for you;
- On any papers you receive and advise you on how best to deal with them;
- How to secure your Decree Nisi;
- On issues surrounding Decree Absolute, the final stage of divorce.
For more information on how to get divorced, read our guide to the divorce process here.