The Bury St Edmunds Regional Divorce Centre covers London and the South East of England (including Milton Keynes). They have recently issued guidance on the divorce process and timescales, which we have set out below:
“Time to process
- The time to complete a divorce can take anything from 6 to 9 months, or longer, dependant on the accurate completion and timely submission of all the forms by parties concerned.
- From receipt of the Decree Nisi application it will be approximately 8 weeks until the pronouncement date provided there is no cause to return the application. Please allow us this time frame before making any enquiry.
- The South East and London Divorce Centre is receiving large volumes of work. For the latest and most up to date work processing times please email email@example.com
- We are currently rejecting up to 50% of petitions due to errors. Please follow the notes carefully and complete all sections where applicable. In addition:
- Please remember, if your case has been issued, to state the case number in bold on any documentation or correspondence.
- Ensure all forms have been signed and dated.
- Please do not duplicate your correspondence by fax or hard copy
Did You Know
- You can choose a venue/court closer to where you live if a hearing is required in your case. Please state your preference in your covering letter to us. A list of venue options can be found here court finder
- You can email or fax documents to us other than the petition itself. Email firstname.lastname@example.org Fax 01264 347890
- If you require a copy of your Decree Absolute and have the case number you should call the court where you were divorced. You will be required to pay a £10 fee. For further information call 0344 892 4000. If you don’t have your case number you can email a completed D440 form to email@example.com including a telephone number that the Central Family Court can call to take card payment over the phone.”